Cryptocurrency is more than a trending investment vehicle. Since emerging, the crypto market has become a major market for investors seeking rapid appreciation. Those willing to deal with the volatility of a decentralized currency have found mammoth gains in the likes of Bitcoin and other such crypto assets. For many, however, crypto is still something of a mystery.
Across the planet, new technologies and business models are decentralizing power and placing it in the hands of communities and individuals.
“We are seeing technology-driven networks replacing bureacratically-driven hierarchies,” says VC and futurist Fred Wilson, speaking on what to expect in the next ten years. View the entire 25-minute video below (it’s worth it!) and then check out the 21 innovations below.
1. Open Garden (mesh)
2. Commotion Router (mesh)
3. Twister (P2P alternative social network)
4. The Edison (wearable chip)
5. BitCloud (autonomous Internet)
6. The Internet of Things
7. WunderBar (starter kit)
8. The Wireless Registry
9. Dot-Bit (autonomous Internet)
11. Ethereum (crytp ledger)
12. Smart Contracts
13. Smart Property
14. P2P Payments
15. P2P Lending
16. Crowdsourcing Civic Engagement
17. Civic Crowdfunding
18. Decentralized Urban Farming
19. Farm Hack
20. MOOCS and Online Learning Platforms
21. Coming Soon: Identify, Trust and Data